How to Book
Box Office: 029 2087 8889
Box Office is open from 9.30am-8pm, or half an hour after curtain
up (9.30am-5pm when no evening performance), Monday to Saturday for
ticket sales in-person (at both the New Theatre and St David's
Full Terms & ConditionsGroup
Book in person
Book in person at either the New Theatre or St.
Box Office Sales
029 2087 8889
Group Sales 029 2087 8878
Information 029 2087 8890
Box Office Sales by
Fax 029 2087 8879
You can book online right now - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
via our secure online Box Office.
Book Tickets Now
- Some seats or advertised discounts may not be available via
online sale for technical reasons.
- Pushing the BOOK TICKETS NOW button opens our online Box Office
in a new window. If this fails to work please check your
pop-up blocker settings or paste the following URL into your
View our seating plan by clicking on the image above.
This seating plan is provided to give an impression of the
auditorium layout. The actual position of some seats may vary
slightly from this plan.
- Postage to a UK address is charged extra. You will be advised
of the charge at point of sale.
- Payment may be by cash or cheque, payable to Cardiff Council.
Please allow time for cheque to clear prior to receiving
- We welcome payment by Mastercard, Visa and Maestro
- Theatre Tokens are welcome here and in 150 venues throughout
the UK. Buy yours at the Box Office.
- Many theatregoers find our Delayed Payment Scheme very useful,
allowing purchase of all the tickets you want whilst there is still
a good choice of seats at all prices. Payment is in four equal
instalments. Your total order should be at least £75.00.
- Where applicable ticket prices include VAT at 20%. Prices may
change in line with alterations to the standard rate.
- Reductions are frequently available. Details are given on the
price panels for each show.
- Please request reductions at time of purchase as they cannot be
- The New Theatre reserves the right to alter or withdraw any
reductions or special offers without notice.
- Since children's reductions are offered for young people of any
age if they are still at school, the availability of a reduction
should not be assumed to indicate that the show is suitable for
every age group. The Box Office will be happy to advise you before
Refunds & Exchanges
- The New Theatre values theatregoers' commitment in booking
early and recognises that emergencies sometimes prevent
- Tickets may be exchanged for another day at the same price (or
higher on payment of the difference). Tickets must be received at
the Box Office not later than 48 hours before the original
performance. There is a charge of £1 per ticket (up to a maximum of
£5) for this service.
- Alternatively tickets will be accepted for re-sale on the
strict understanding that all the theatre's own tickets will be
sold first and that re-sale can never be guaranteed.
- We cannot re-sell tickets unless the originals are first
returned to the Box Office. 20% of the value of any re-sale will be
retained for this service.
- Apart from these two services or cancellation of performance,
money will not be refunded once tickets have been purchased.
- For most shows on Monday & Tuesday Evenings & midweek
Matinees, unsold seats may be bought from 10am on the day of
performance by people over 60, and by disabled people; from 6pm
(12.30pm for matinees) by students, unemployed people and
- One seat per application (plus one companion for disabled
people) at equivalent price to Upper Circle seating. Bookable from
New Theatre Box Office only.
- Children may also receive the Standby discount if accompanied
by a qualifying adult.
- Proof of status may be requested.
- The New Theatre reserves the right to withdraw the Standby
Scheme without notice.
- Boxes are licensed for a maximum of 6 people but we strongly
recommend a limit of 4 for reasonable comfort.
You are advised that the sideways view of the stage is sometimes
The New Theatre is owned, managed and funded by City of
How to find us
New Theatre, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3LN
The New Theatre is located on Park Place in Cardiff's city
centre, close to the beautiful Civic Centre buildings.
here to download a map (pdf format; opens in new browser
Please note that you will need Adobe's free Acrobat Reader (opens in a
new window) to view this download.
+44 (0) 29 2087 8889
+44 (0) 29 2087 8787
+44 (0) 29 2087 8900
New Theatre, Park Place, Cardiff,
CF10 3LN, United Kingdom.
If you have any comments about this website, programming, or
anything else to do with our service, please click here.
Please do not use this email address if your query is urgent,
call 029 2087 8889 instead